What a Weekend!

By  |  0 Comments

A mother’s and a wife’s job is never done! Literally! Ever!

My little ones have all been fighting some sort of bug for the last month or so. Everyone has had something different. Our oldest woke up Monday morning with a head ache and a fever. Minutes later she was at the toilet throwing up. Middle baby has had a cough and a runny nose since she started daycare at the end of October. Finally we went to the doctors with her and the youngest and found out she had an ear infection. The little one had pink eye, runny nose and a cough. GREAT! Nothing we can do for that because she’s only 2.5 months. Middle grasshopper was prescribed antibiotics. All while the oldest is still running a pretty high fever. Fast forward to Friday, oldest fever has gone up to 104 several times since Monday and doesn’t seem to be dropping. I decided to take her to urgent care. Once at the Urgent Care they ran some tests and basically told us to go home and wait. If she ran a fever for 7 days to take her to CHOP for blood work.

Of course I couldn’t leave my husband without dinner so I made chicken and shrimp Alfredo before I left. While at Urgent care he called me a few times and I ignored it because I was speaking with the nurse. Once I was in the car he called again and I answered. His eyes and lips were swollen and I was ready to burst out in laughter. Then he started talking and I thought “Oh crap! He’s not calling to laugh.” I still thought he had a reaction that benadril could fix. When I got home I saw that in just those few minutes it got much worse. His eyes swollen, lips swollen 3xs the size of Kylie Jenner’s, hives all over his body, standing and gulping down a half gallon of milk. It was about 11:00PM. Now it was his turn to head to the ER. Later he called and said he may look that swollen for the next week. Anyone that knows me knows that I suck at hiding my face expressions. He laughed and said ok not a week but maybe two days. Finally at 2 am he was home and in bed clear of the allergic reaction.

By Sunday everyone seemed to be coming back to life. This was just an example of one of those “When it rains, it pours” days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *